Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: Jan 6 2012
||Heavy Machinery Operator, Offshore Crane Operator
||US$80000 - US$150000
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
(Liebherr, Sea Track, or Knuckle Boom)
New Build Experience is a must!!!
Crane Operator Position Qualifications
High School Diploma or equivalent
Certified as a Crane Operator
Experienced in supervision of Roustabout crews
Experienced in offshore drilling operations
Six months of experience as a Roustabout or comparable experience
Completion of all training requirements for Roustabout and Crane Operator Essential
Functions Drilling Operations
- Supervise 3 or more workers during the performance of their duties.
- Supervise the upkeep and maintenance of the paint locker.
- Supervise housekeeping operations when cranes are not in use.
- Direct Roustabouts as necessary to support on-going rig operations.
- Complete orientation and be familiar with all safety policies and procedures.
- Safely and efficiently perform all duties during drilling, work-over and completion operations.
- Ensure all operations are proceeding in a safe manner, and correct or notify responsible person of any unsafe actions and/or conditions.
- Attend pre-tour, post tour, special operations and safety meetings.
- Inform the Rig Manager or Barge Engineer prior to any equipment/weight move.
- Assist in handling freight to or from helicopters and boats.
- Ensure that all bulk material hoses are extended and purged with boat's air system prior to use.
- Knowledgeable in all crane and rigging safety instructions and regulations.
- Knowledgeable on operational limits of cranes and associated lifting equipment.
- Maintain adequate fuel supply at all times.
- Ensure correct hand signals used for crane operations.
- Record all heavy lifts and lifts contrary to manifest in the crane report.
- Maintain daily time sheets for Roustabout personnel.
- Responsible for rigging and moving of equipment and materials.
- Treat crew members with respect, fairness and professionalism.
- Encourage appropriate professional development and training opportunities. Maintenance and Repair
- Ensure all deck / equipment maintenance areas are kept clean and all tools are properly stored or racked in designated areas at all times.
- Maintain the exterior of the hull, main deck, substructure and heliport.
- Keep the areas clean and in good repair and free of safety hazards.
- Inspect the cranes daily and lubricate as required by the maintenance manual.
- Ensure cranes are kept clean.
- Inspect all of the crane's systems, equipment, and associated rigging equipment.
- Knowledgeable of the company paint specifications and procedures.
- Complete daily and weekly crane reports and notify supervisor of any defects.
- Inspect, maintain and keep a complete inventory of all slings, chains, ropes, shackles, and other hoisting equipment.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available